Dental implants may cost more up front, but the long term benefits of dental implants outweigh those of other dental restorations. Dental implants are the only option for replacing teeth that actually replace the tooth root, which will prevent bone loss.
Dr. Pamela Doray, a leading reconstructive dentist in Philadelphia, recommends dental implants to her patients who have missing or severely damaged teeth. She can create a more natural looking dental restoration that can blend seamlessly with your existing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants by Dr. Pamela Doray
- A dental implant will look, feel, fit and function just like real teeth especially when compared to removable dentures or a dental bridge. They are strong, stable and the next best thing to your real teeth.
- Dental implants will last longer than other dental restorations because they are more durable. Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will require costly replacement or maintenance which will add up over time. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area. With dental implants in Philadelphia, PA, your smile will also appear more natural.
- A void where a missing tooth used to be can cause your jawbone to deteriorate. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jawbone which helps stimulate bone growth preventing bone loss.
- Dentures can slip around in your mouth making talking and eating difficult causing social situations to be intimidating and sometimes embarrassing. Dental implants are permanent and release a person from that worry.
- With removable options for missing teeth, there are dietary restrictions. Dentures will deliver about a 30-40% normal chewing function. With dental implants there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable and permanent.
- A dental bridge is traditionally secured using prepared adjacent teeth, essentially damaging healthy teeth. A dental implant is surgically placed only in the space where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
Why Choose Dr. Pamela Doray for Dental Implants
Dr. Pamela G Doray has been restoring dental implants since 1986. In addition to her clinical experience, Dr. Doray is an educator for Biomet 3i, the third largest dental implant company in the world, which allows her to teach and mentor dentists who are learning to provide implant care.
Dr. Doray is a leader in Cosmetic Dentistry and on the Board of Directors for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She is an experienced clinical speaker and involved in a number of pilot studies utilizing the latest digital technology in implant treatment.
This experience and hands-on training allows her to provide patients with the highest level of care and state-of-the-art dental implant treatment at her dental office in Center City Philadelphia. To schedule a consultation or learn more about dental implants, please call the office of Pamela G Doray DMD at (215) 395-6076 or schedule a visit online.
Learn More About Dental Implants